Clarksons powerful web-based information system is the most comprehensive source of data on shipping and the shipping markets.
Whatever your role in the shipping industry Shipping Intelligence Network will provide you with a wealth of information to support your business. Whether you are an owner, a charterer, a trader, a builder, a breaker or an equipment supplier, a banker, an insurer, a lawyer, or a regulator, there is information for you.
Shipping Intelligence Network contains the full range of information collected by Clarkson Research including downloadable versions of its periodicals, extensive lists and analyses of the fleet and orderbook and thousands of time series and graphs of key commercial information. Clarkson Research has applied common sense and new technology to the old science of information flow, and come up with fast and efficient tool for the whole of the maritime industry.
Time series data available on Shipping Intelligence Network stretches to thousands of tables, updated weekly and downloadable into excel spreadsheet, each with associated graphs that can be cut and pasted into documents and presentations. There's more than enough there to keep any analyst happy!
Recently added features make navigating the extensive Shipping Intelligence Network database easier than ever. Fast access to important parts of the site allows you to get exactly the information you want with just a couple of clicks. In particular, finding those time series that are so essential for analysing the shipping markets is made far simpler.
Clarkson Research’s web-based system is the most comprehensive source of data on the shipping markets
What you can expect from Shipping Intelligence Network....
As soon as they are ready Clarkson Research publications are posted to Shipping Intelligence Network. These include:
- Shipping Intelligence Weekly
- World Shipyard Monitor
- Dry Bulk Trade Outlook
- Oil and Tankers Trades Outlook
- Container Intelligence Monthly
- Container Intelligence Quarterly
- China Intelligence Monthly
- China Shipbuilding Week
- China Container Intelligence Monthly
- Shipping Review and Outlook
And specialist reports such as:
- Tankers in Transition
- Car Carrier Trade Transport
- Ice Class Tankers
- KG Finance and Shipping
- LNG Trade and Transport
- Markets: reports on 20+ market sectors, including –tankers, bulkers, containers, gas, chemical, short sea, newbuilding, sale and purchase, demolition, bunkers – updated daily with graphs.
- Features: latest articles from Clarkson Research publications.
- Fleet news: alerts to changes in the fleet – deliveries, contracts, demolition
- Register: brief details of our register fleet
Fleet, Shipbuilding and Fixtures
Our register data comprises around 90,000 vessels. With SIN you have a powerful tool that allows you to access and cross reference a vast wealth of information about them.
Starting with listings of the fleet or the orderbook organised into 11 main ship types and 95 sub-categories you can then link to:
- individual ships data
- owner data
- shipbuilder data
- Vessel data: view full information available about individual ships including a sales and fixture history (for tankers and bulkers). In addition there is a peer group analysis which pinpoints the number and characteristics (dimensions, flag, class, ownership, builder) of similar ships by type, size and age.
- Owner data: full lists of vessels (by type) currently owned and on order by individual owners, including key data about each ship. Data can also be accessed directly via an owners’ search button.
- Shipbuilder data: full lists of vessels currently on order with the builder, previously built ships in service and no longer in service, with key data about each vessel. Data can also be accessed via a builders’ search button.
- Listings of ship second hand or demolition sales, contracting of new orders or newbuilding deliveries are similarly cross referenced.
- Fixtures: all reported spot and period fixtures for tankers and bulk carriers are available and can be accessed by month or year for each ship type or listed for each individual ship. They are also available by owner, charterer and load or discharge area.
- Ship sales: like fixtures, ship sales are available by month or year or for each ship type over time.
Time series and graphs
Our time series data stretches to thousands of spreadsheets, updated weekly and downloadable into Excel, each with an associated graph that can be cut and pasted into documents and presentations. There's more than enough there to keep any analyst happy! Search by ship type/category, market or content.
- Fleet developments and changes (deliveries, scrapping etc.) for all ship types/categories measured in numbers of ships and capacity.
- Shipbuilding data: orderbook, contracting and deliveries by ship type/category and by country/region of build in various units.
- Commercial data: spot freight rates and earnings, period rates, newbuilding second hand and demolition prices; all by ship type/category; choose your own frequency. Volume of activity in each of these market areas – fixtures, sales etc. - is also available.
- Economic and financial data: commodity prices (oil, bunkers, steel etc.), trade (oil, ore, coal, grain, containers etc.), production (oil, steel), GDP, industrial production, exchange rates, interest rates.
We have recently introduced a number of improvements to SIN (www.clarksons.net):
- Expanded Fleet Register - The number of searchable vessels is now around 90,000
- New Transactions Section - Database of IPOs and bond offerings by Exchange, Shipping Sector, Company, Issuance Type and Date
- New Timeseries Functionality - Timeseries browse tree and advanced search functionality
- New Analysis - Car Carrier Trade and Transport
- Specialist Report Archive - Global Shipping Exchanges
- Shipping Maps - Global Port and Shipyard Maps
- Latest LNG Trade and Transport - The latest version of our annual report is now available
- New Owner Timeseries - Containership fleet and orderbook by operator owner and charter owner
- Congestion Timeseries - Port congestion for Capesize, Panamax and Handymax vessels and tanker delays in the Turkish straits
- Improved User Interface - Clearer links on homepage for quicker access to key publications and tables
To discover the power and the range of data available on Shipping Intelligence Network, go to www.clarksons.net and follow the instructions. Getting the information you want has never been easier.
If you wish to have trial access to the site:
- Please go to www.clarksons.net
- Click on the "New User Registration" button.
- Fill in your details to register on our site.
- After you have done this, click on Request Trial Access and we will update your rights so that you can access the entire site.
SIN Terms and Conditions Apply
Click Here to download further product details